Palm fruit oil, naturally semi-solid at room temperature, does not require hydrogenation. It is a good replacement for partially hydrogenated oils for many reasons.
- Palm fruit oil is trans fat free.
- Palm fruit oil provides the same “hard or solid” fat that is required for pastries, cookies, crackers and other items that require long shelf stability and a particular mouth feel or texture.
- Palm fruit oil is odorless and tasteless, perfect for consumers and manufacturers alike looking for a healthy oil for cooking and baking needs.
- Palm fruit oil is rich in antioxidants.
- Animal studies have found that tocotrienols may have the ability to reverse blockage of the carotid artery and platelet aggregation thereby reducing the risk of stroke, arteriosclerosis and other heart disease problems.
- Animal studies have found that tocotrienols may exhibit activity against tumor promotion.
- Cellular and animal studies have found that tocotrienols may inhibit certain types of cancer.
- Palm fruit oil increases “good” HDL, compared to other saturated oils, such as coconut oil to promote a healthy cardiovascular health.